ICC Annual General Meeting - London, 20 June, 2019
An effective understanding of the world trading system and World Trade Organisation (WTO) is a critical skill for decision makers involved in trade.
This event will be a practical, interactive 101 session with international business leaders and experts about the global trading system, WTO, trade agreements and the future of the UK in the WTO.
It is an excellent opportunity to improve knowledge and awareness about the critical trade issues facing UK companies post Brexit.
The event is aimed at boards, executives, government affairs teams and trade specialists. The event will focus specifically on the WTO and act as a follow up Going Global on 4 June about how to scale up international engagement.
Venue: Eversheds Sutherland, 1 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7WS
Date: Thursday 20 June 2019
Time: 18:00 - 21:15
18:00 - 18:40 | REGISTRATION
18:40 - 18:45 | OPENING REMARKS
- Chris Southworth, Secretary General, ICC United Kingdom
18:45 - 19:00 | KEYNOTES
Keynote Speech 1
- A representative from the WTO (TBC)
Keynote Speech 2
- Sir Michael Rake, Chairman, ICC United Kingdom
19:00 - 20:15 | PANEL DISCUSSION
Board + WTO Speaker + Guest (Legal Expert to cover Trade Agreements)
Moderator: Sir Michael Rake, Chairman, ICC United Kingdom
- Julian Braithwaite, UK Ambassador to the WTO/UN
- The Rt Hon. the Baroness Bottomley of Nettlestone, Chair, Board Practice Odgers Berndtson, ICC Board
- Nora Senior CBE, Chair, UK Regions & Ireland and Head of EMEA Energy, Weber Shandwick UK, ICC Board
- Steve Varley, Chairman & Managing UK & Ireland, EY, ICC Board
- Paul Drechsler CBE, Chair, Bibby Line Group and Chair, London First, ICC Board
- Crispin Conroy, Director and ICC Representative - Geneva
20:15 - 21:15 | NETWORKING DRINKS