ICC Annual General Meeting - London, 20 June, 2019
An effective understanding of the world trading system and World Trade Organisation (WTO) is a critical skill for decision makers involved in trade.
This event will be a practical, interactive 101 session with international business leaders and experts about the global trading system, WTO, trade agreements and the future of the UK in the WTO.
It is an excellent opportunity to improve knowledge and awareness about the critical trade issues facing UK companies post Brexit.
The event is aimed at boards, executives, government affairs teams and trade specialists. The event will focus specifically on the WTO to scale up international engagement.
Venue: Eversheds Sutherland, 1 Wood Street, London, EC2V 7WS
Date: Thursday 20 June 2019
Time: 18:00 - 21:15
18:00 - 18:40 | ICC ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
18:40 - 18:45 | OPENING REMARKS
- Chris Southworth, Secretary General, ICC United Kingdom
18:45 - 19:00 | KEYNOTES
Keynote Speech 1
- Sir Simon Fraser, Managing Partner, Flint Global Ltd
Keynote Speech 2
- Sir Michael Rake, Chairman, ICC United Kingdom
19:00 - 20:15 | PANEL DISCUSSION
Moderator: Sir Michael Rake, Chairman, ICC United Kingdom
- Chris Barton, Director of Multilateral & EU Trade Negotiations, Department for International Trade
- The Rt Hon. Baroness Virginia Bottomley, Board Member, ICC United Kingdom and Chair, Board Practice Odgers Berndtson
- Crispin Conroy, Permanent Observer of the International Chamber of Commerce to the United Nations Office at Geneva
- Nora Senior CBE, Board Member, ICC United Kingdom; Chair, UK Regions & Ireland and Head of EMEA Energy, Weber Shandwick UK
- Steve Varley, Board Member, ICC United Kingdom and Chairman & Managing UK & Ireland, EY
- Peter Robinson, President and CEO, USCIB
20:15 - 21:15 | NETWORKING DRINKS