ICC Digital Trade Webinar | 18.11.2021
ICC United Kingdom is delighted to invite you to the ICC Digital Trade Webinar: Building a modern trade system; making the case for legal reform taking place on Thursday 18th November from 14:30 - 16:00
This event is designed to help governments and business build a common understanding of the economic opportunity from digitising trade documentation, what this means in terms of legal reform and to share experiences and lessons from government and business representatives involved. This event is specifically designed to support digital trade priorities across the G7, G20 and The Commonwealth as well as the international call to action from ICC to align legal frameworks to the UNCITRAL Model Law on Transferrable Records. The event will be timed to coincide with a full G7 report from governments on legal barriers and next steps.
Date: Thursday 18th November 2021
Time: 14:30 - 16:00
14:30 WELCOME REMARKS
State of Play: G7 Benchmarking Tool
- Chris Southworth, Secretary General, ICC United Kingdom
14:40 PRESENTATION 01
The Business Case for Reform –UK Case Study
- Rebecca Harding, CEO, Coriolis Technologies
MODERATOR: Euan MacMillan, Head of Digital Trade, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- WHAT initiatives are different governments from around the world implementing?
- HOW will these initiatives drive economic/SME growth?
- WHAT are the practical challenges facing governments to reform laws?
- WHICH laws require reform?
- WHAT can businesses do to help?
- Government lead TBC, USA/Canada
- Government lead TBC, Germany/France
Gunnar Collin, Head of Sales & Marketing, Enigio
- David Saive, Oldenburg University, Germany / UNCITRAL
- Vashti Maharaj, Adviser, Digital Trade Policy at Trade Oceans and Natural Resources Directorate, The Commonwealth
- Geoff Wynne, Partner & Head of the Trade & Export Finance Group, Sullivan & Worcester
15:40 Q & A