Promoting Sustainability Resources
The following activities are coordinated by the Energy and Environment Committee.
Our commitments for 2018 are as follows. We will:
- Promote the positive role the UK private sector plays in implementing the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at the UN High Level Political Forum.
- Work with partners to promote a consistent approach to climate reporting worldwide.
- Develop an expert sustainability network to represent the UK voice at international level.
- Promote awareness of the positive impact technology can play in driving more sustainable consumer behaviours.
- Foster dialogue with other ICC expert networks to promote sustainable supply chains.
- Strengthen UK participation and involvement at COP24.
- Support the implementation of the Paris Climate Accord (COP21). We will continue to input into major intergovernmental consultations concerning climate change (UNEP, UNFCCC, SDGs 2030 Development Agenda).
- Promote the role of green investment finance and the liberalisation of tariffs on environmental goods and services in free trade agreements and at the WTO.
- Support the FSB’s Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TFCD) recommendations and market transparency to make economies more efficient, resilient and stable.
- Work with strategic partners and support the mobilisation of green capital in the UK and global initiatives such as the ‘Environmental, Social and Governance’ (ESG) principles for sustainable and ethical investment and green finance.