The Application of Substantive Law by International Arbitrators
Dossier XI of the ICC Institute of World Business Law
This Dossier examines the issue of applicable law in international arbitration and tackles some of the complex questions through a series of short essays that may arise for arbitrators during a case, such as:
- What role do parties play in determining the applicable law decisions in the course of international arbitrations?
- Are the arbitrators free to ascertain the applicable rules of law independently from the parties?
- Are arbitrators bound by judicial precedents established by the courts of the country the law of which applies?
- How should arbitrators deal with possible contradictions between the applicable law and the clauses agreed by the parties in their contract?
Dossier XI of the ICC Institute of World Business Law provides a useful compilation of essays on this subject, and will give a thorough picture of the practical issues around the application of substantive law that frequently arise in international arbitrations.
- All orders are shipped using Royal Mail, including all locations worldwide. Please note that orders to PO Boxes are not accepted.
Shipping costs are based on the weight of your order and the delivery method (including 1st Class, Signed For, and International). To find out how much your order will cost, simply place the items you would like to purchase into your cart and proceed to the checkout page. Once you are ready to proceed with the order and are at the checkout, shipping options and rates will be calculated automatically and are subject to your chosen shipping option.
Orders dispatched to countries outside the UK may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. Customs policies vary widely from country to country and you are advised to contact your local Customs and Excise office for further information.