ICC Banking Technical Webinar | Sustainable Trade Finance | June 03
ICC Banking Technical Webinar - Sustainable Trade Finance
ICC United Kingdom is delighted to invite you to this first Webinar in Sustainable Trade Finance, as part of our 2020 Series of Banking Technical Seminars.
Regulatory authorities, as well as customers, investors, and employees, are focusing on whether global threats such as climate change pose prudential risks to banks and the extent to which their portfolios are aligned, or out of sync, with sustainable development goals.
In response to these challenges ICC, with its members from commercial banks, partners from multilateral development institutions and other trade environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) experts, is exploring how to accelerate the use of trade finance to encourage sustainable business practices.
This webinar will allow participants to exchange best practices and gain insights into some of the latest industry trends.
Date: 03 June 2020
Platform: Zoom - further details to follow in due course
Timings: 09:30 - 11:00 UK Time
09:20 | REGISTRATION & LOG IN
09:30 | WEBINAR TO COMMENCE
09:30 - 09:35 | OPENING REMARKS
09:35 - 09:55
The critical role of financial services and supply chains in tackling climate change
- James Wilde, Group Head of Sustainability, Lloyds Banking Group
Update from the ICC Working Group on Sustainable Trade Finance
- Roberto Leva, Trade & SCF Relationship Manager at ADB & Co-chair of the ICC Sustainable Trade Finance Initiative
09:55 - 10:50 | PANEL DISCUSSION
Making action on climate change everyone’s business. Circular supply chains: building a more sustainable future for trade
- How can trade finance fund the technology needed to build a carbon-neutral future?
- Should banks work more closely with businesses to reward those running sustainable and environmentally friendly supply chains?
- Do banks and corporates need to look more closely at the risks provided by non-sustainable supply chains and products?
- Examining new ISO standards on the chain of custody and how they seek to make supply chain traceability easier
MODERATOR: Merisa Lee-Gimpel, Director – Head of Trade Innovation, Commercial Banking, Lloyds Banking Group
- Mark Eckstein, ESG Director, CDC Group
- Shona Tatchell, CEO and Founder, Halotrade
- Maria Mogilnaya, Principal Banker, Trade Facilitation Programme, EBRD
- Duncan Lodge, Head of Trade & Supply Chain Finance, Product & Structuring EMEA, Bank of America
10:50 - 11:00 | Q & A
11:00 | CLOSE