ICC Digital Trade Webinar | 18.11.2021
ICC United Kingdom is delighted to invite you to the ICC Digital Trade Webinar: ‘Building a modern digital trade ecosystem - Scaling Legal Reforms’ taking place on Thursday 18th November from 14:30 - 16:00 UK/GMT time.
2021 has seen a raft of business cases covering the G7, Germany, UK and The Commonwealth making the economic case for legal reform to digitalise trade documents. We are also seeing more governments reforming laws and aligning legal frameworks to the UNCITRAL Model Law on Transferrable Records including the UK, Paraguay, Belize, and Kiribati with more G7 economies expected to follow.
This event will focus on how to implement reform and is designed to share best practices and lessons learnt over the last 4 years. The session is aimed specifically at governments and industry wanting to build a common understanding of what needs to be done, how long it will take and how to achieve it. We will be publishing an ‘ICC Practical Guide to Implement Legal Reform’ on the day to support the discussion.
This event is specifically designed to support digital trade priorities across the G7, G20, ASEAN, Africa, Americas and The Commonwealth and will coincide with a full G7 report from governments on legal barriers and next steps. It is also designed to provide the tools needed to scale up legal reform and harmonisation in 2022.
Date: Thursday 18th November 2021
Time: 14:30 - 16:00
14:30 WELCOME REMARKS
State of Play: G7 Benchmarking Tool
- Chris Southworth, Secretary General, ICC United Kingdom
14:40 PRESENTATION 01
The Business Case for Reform – G7, Commonwealth Case Study
- Rebecca Harding, CEO, Coriolis Technologies
MODERATOR: Euan MacMillan, Head of Digital Trade, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS)
- WHAT initiatives are different governments from around the world implementing?
- HOW will these initiatives drive economic/SME growth?
- WHAT are the practical challenges facing governments to reform laws?
- WHICH laws require reform?
- WHAT can businesses do to help?
- Gunnar Collin, Head of Sales & Marketing, Enigio
- Vashti Maharaj, Adviser, Digital Trade Policy at Trade Oceans and Natural Resources Directorate, The Commonwealth
- Geoff Wynne, Partner & Head of the Trade & Export Finance Group, Sullivan & Worcester
- Craig Burchell, Senior Vice President, Huawei Technologies (tbc)
Luca Castellani, UNCITRAL (tbc)
15:40 Q & A