ICC International Code of Direct Selling
ICC expects business operators to respect and endorse the Code both in the spirit and to the letter. It is recommended as a daily reference source for everyone involved in direct selling.
The Code is intended to achieve the following objectives:
- demonstrate responsibility and good practice in direct selling across the world;
- enhance overall public confidence in direct selling;
- respect privacy and consumer preferences and to provide effective consumer protection;
- promote fair competition and free enterprise;
- provide effective practical and flexible solutions;
- minimise the need for detailed governmental and/or inter-governmental legislation or
Structure of the Code
The Code is constructed as a system of ethical rules for the various phases and aspects of the direct selling process. It has been divided into four chapters:
- Basic principles
- Conduct towards consumers
- Conduct towards direct sellers
- Responsibility, substantiation and implementation.